In an effort to reduce addiction stigma, we launched in 2019 to make recovery from addiction visible; knowing that reducing stigma takes awareness, education and information, we provide that with our hope-filled, inspiring, solution oriented content.
From inspiring personal stories, accessible mutual-aid programs and community resources along with informative articles on wellbeing we amplify hope online and in print – where people eat, live, work and shop.
Intent on bringing the message to our communities, we meet people where they’re at … online, offline and in person at events around the state! We print at least 15,000 copies 6x a year and distribute to grocery stores, a thousand businesses in addition to most recovery community organizations.
Our core values are:
- Inclusivity – We respect and value all humans and recovery paths.
- Optimism – We have a genuine positive outlook on life.
- Transformation – We believe change is possible.
Our Readers & Circulation
Journey is for adults who are either seeking or are in recovery, affected others (friends and families) and recovery allies, organizations and businesses that support recovery efforts. Our recovery communities throughout the State help provide content and distribution for the magazine.
Focuses on several key areas:
- Personal recovery stories: individuals, personal recovery milestones, lessons, etc.
- Community engagement/support: grassroots, stories about the recovery community
- Recovery mutual-aid programs: community-based, mutual-aid groups
- Well-being articles: financial, spirituality, nutrition, brain science, physical, prevention
- Resources: book reviews, local/nationwide help organizations, retreats
Articles written for Journey need to be under 750 words and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with EDITORIAL SUBMISSION in the subject line. Our deadlines are the 10th of the preceding month.
Our editorial calendar represents a general theme for the issue:
- Feb/March Purpose – spirituality, volunteerism, service work
- April/May Health – physical, mental & emotional well-being
- June/July Relationships – self, family, friends, co-workers
- August/September Community – social well-being
- October/November Security – financial wellness
- December/January Environment – home, nature and our space